ALLIES - ALLIES + Trading Card (*NEW-CD, 2021, Retroactive)
- Includes foil-stamped Allies trading card in every CD
- Includes Part 1 of an exclusive 2021 Randy Thomas interview (Part 2 is in Virtues)
- Part of the Legends Remastered Series
- Recorded and mixed by Dino Elefante (Mastedon)
- Guest vocals by John Elefante (ex-Kansas / Mastedon)
- 2021 Remaster from Rob Colwell of Bombworks Sound
- 12 page insert with lyrics / jewel case / Original artwork
- Never-before-seen band photo collage and lyrics
- "Morningstar" co-written by Mark Ambrose (Idle Cure)
- Featuring hit tracks "Don't You Worry" + "Surrender" and "Send Me"
Remembered primarily as the first successful pairing of Bob Carlisle and Randy Thomas, the Allies produced classic rock-pop albums that were ahead of their time for the Christian market in the late ’80s. Before the Allies, Thomas was already well known in Christian circles for his role in the highly influential group, Sweet Comfort Band (which also included Bryan Duncan). The demise of that seminal act led
him to contact old friends for a reunion of ex’s from two previous outings: he had played with Carlisle and Jim Erikson in the 1970's band Psalm 150 (which also included future members of Andraé Crouch’s Disciples, Damn Yankees, and Night Ranger) and with Sam Scott and Matt Chapman in a group called Sonrise. Thus in 1984 the Allies were born in San Bernardino, California. In later years, Chapman would turn up playing bass in Clash of Symbols, and Carlisle would earn fame for his ballad “Butterfly Kisses,” written with Thomas.
ABOUT THE ALBUMS
With the 1985 debut album, Allies took the CCM world by storm with their brand of AOR commercial rock featuring mega-hooks with a distinct bite! Fans of Van Halen, Idle Cure, Journey, later period Sweet Comfort Band, and Petra would lose their minds as the band toured and dominated both radio and CCM sales charts. The 1986 sophomore release, Virtues would build on the band's strengths - melody, harmony, and massive hooks! Both the self-titled debut and Virtues are considered to be Christian rock royalty and this is the first time collector's will be able to enjoy these classics digitally remastered with 12 page inserts, an Allies foil-stamped trading card (in each release), and a must-read 2021 interview with guitarist, Randy Thomas that starts in the debut album, and concludes in the Virtues CD (get them both to read the entire interview and get both trading cards!).
Second Chance 3:54
Don't Run Away 3:28
Send Me 4:27
Don't Keep Him Waiting 3:57
Don't You Worry 5:07
I'll Be Your Brother 3:56
Pardon Me 4:22